Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday's Rant: Target's Disappointing Designer Lines


On Tuesdays I usually take the opportunity to rant about something I do NOT like about Target …because although I love them to death, they certainly ain’t perfect. Today’s rant is about the rash of disappointing designer debuts at Target. In the past 6 months, the Bullseye has given us a so-so Jonathan Saunders clothing line, a ho-hum Hayden-Harnett purse line, and a big-n-blingy Erickson-Beamon jewelry collection. I won’t even mention the McQ line. And as I talked about in yesterday’s post, we now have a lackluster Miss Trish of Capri sandal line hitting Target stores. It’s really a bummer that all of Target’s recent design collaborations have been such a letdown after all the hype and advertising. And it makes me wonder whether their next two designer collections - Loomstate (Rogan’s organic men’s and women’s wear) and Ashley Page (swimwear) – are going to be a buzzkill as well.

6 comments:

Books said...

I see that you have left Felix Rey off your list. I found that line to be very well done, made well and designed well.

MH said...

WOW Target Addict! Break it down!

Target-Addict said...

Dear Books: yes, I left Felix-Rey off my list of "rants", because I also found that line well done. As I stated in a recent post, I really liked the line and have already bought one clutch bag and will probably buy one of the tote bags, too!

MH said...

Hey, McQ just went on sale, 30% off!!!
I bet the jumpsuit will have a "further reduction" what do you think?

Target-Addict said...

MH: Yep, I call 'em like I see 'em :-)
And thanks for the McQ sale alert! I'll make sure to post a blog entry about it today.

Love Lingerie said...

It should be noted that designer swimwear has been specifically designed not only to make women look feminine, sophisticated, and beautiful, but also to make them feel comfortable about themselves and their body while basking under the sun.
Thanks for sharing!