Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pick of the Week

It's Pick of the Week time: each week I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly ad (in the Sunday newspaper) and highlight it here on my blog. Now there's a lot of fun stuff on sale this week, but here's what I honed in on: fresh herbs and veggies from Target's Garden Center.

As I've lamented before, not all Target stores have a Garden Center anymore, but the one Target in my area that does always has fresh plants that are attractively displayed. That's why I was excited to see that Target has herbs and veggie plants on sale this week, because nothing could be more fresh than growing your own. It's also economical (have you priced fresh Chives and Oregano lately?) as well as convenient (oops, out of Rosemary? Just step outside and pick some!). We actually had a wonderful salad last night made out of lettuce picked from our own backyard; the greens were tender and it really impressed my parents that it was "home grown"!

Herbs in 1-pt pots: on sale for $1.75 each
Veggies in 1-pt pots: on sale for $0.99 each
Herbs or Veggies in 3.2-pt pots: on sale for $2.99 each


(Available in Target stores only; not available online. Assortment may vary by store. Available in Target's outdoor Garden Center; note that not all Target stores have a Garden Center).

No comments: