Friday, March 20, 2009

Sneak Peek! Felix-Rey for Target


As I first reported last December, designers Lily Band and Sulaika Zarrouk of the line Felix-Rey will launch a limited edition handbag collection called Felix-Rey for Target this Spring. And while it was SUPPOSED to officially launch on March 29th (over one week from now) the store near my work put the collection out EARLY and I’ve been able to get a sneak peek! And guess what? It’s pretty darn cute!

Now Target’s site doesn’t have pics up yet, so check out Nitrolicious to see what I’m talking about. Obviously, these bags have a beachy, by-the-sea vibe… like the tote bags with fish and shell motifs and the blue & white “wave” pattern clutch. All have some sort of metallic (mostly gold) trim on them, and are made from a substantial-weight canvas material. I just couldn’t resist the coral-embroidery clutch (shown) so I nabbed the last one on the display for just $19.99. The embroidery almost has a vintage or handmade-feel to it, and coral is one of my favorite summer colors, so buying this was sort of a slam-dunk for me. Anyway, check it out for yourselves and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Soigne1908 said...

I have the lineny convertible bag (clutch & shoulder) with the gold pleather and seashell trim. I carried it to a friend's 40th birthday party in the evening as a clutch, and got compliments.

For the daytime, I'll do the shoulder thing.