Monday, March 30, 2009

The dish on Miss Trish...


Yesterday I discovered that my local Target had put some of the new Miss Trish of Capri sandals out early (they are not due in stores until April 5th) and I hate to say it, but I was immediately disappointed by what I saw. First off, they were hard to find; they were misplaced in the Mossimo section, and even had Mossimo signs on the shelves advertising the prices. ??? Anyhow, look for the bright turquoise-blue boxes and you'll find Miss Trish. And what I found could be best described as cheap. I saw most of the flat-styles I blogged about last week, and there wasn't one pair I liked enough to even try on, let alone buy. The stitching was sloppy on at least two pairs that I examined up close (which points to shoddy manufacturing) and the PVC materials are so "plastic" that they don't even attempt to look like faux-leather.

Now contrary to my prediction, Miss Trish is also offering a couple of high-heeled options in addition to the flats previewed on Nitrolicious. Pictured at left is one of the Miss Trish platforms I saw in person; this style features hot pink faux-leather with mini-jeweled turtles. You can see pics of the red nautical-braided rope sandal as well as the black-patent crystal ladybug platform here on the Sugar Rock Catwalk. But as was the case with the flat styles, the platforms didn't "wow" me at all. What a letdown!

3 comments:

Mary Hall, The Recessionista ™ said...

I can't even find Miss Trish at my local Target!!!

Anonymous said...

You must be from San Diego and about 37+, since your description of Target and Gemco matches... mine. ;) I haven't liked a lot of the guest designer stuff, with one exception. I really do enjoy the Issac Mizrah line. I even bought one of the $99 wedding dresses (no law says they can be summer dresses if they are casual enough! Just don't wear it to a wedding!

Target Addict said...

Hi Tansie Eye! Actually I'm 40 (so you're close!) and from Palo Alto, and it's the Redwood City Gemco store that I remember being taken over by Target back in the late 1980s. And I, too, loved Isaac M., and am really bummed that he's no longer designing for Target.

Thanks for reading my blog!