Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Returns Department...


It’s time for another installment of The Returns Department, a sporadic feature on my blog in which I share with you an impulse buy that went awry. The focus this time is on the recent Jason Wu for Target collection, of which I'm afraid I ended up returning most of the items I bought. To date, I've returned the Black flared dress (as it was "too poufy" for my tastes), the Striped t-shirt dress (as I felt it was too see-thru) and the Milu cat tee (for the very same reason). And as I previously blogged about, I returned the Gold blouse as it fit completely differently then the Red one I purchased. I also returned the lace tee in Blush, as I thought the "lace" was printed in black (as is the case with the lace print skirt) but oddly enough, it's in blue - ?

So at this point, the only things I'm keeping are the "Michelle Obama dress", the Red blouse, and both the Navy and Floral print scarves. And the only thing I'm still longing for is the Milu cat tote... but I fear that unless I stumble across a customer return, I'm out of luck on that one!

10 comments:

In The Know said...

I ended up not purchasing anything from this line and I don't regret it. I saw some pieces in my Targ and they just looked of poor quality. It's a shame! They looked so cute in photos.

bev said...

I returned the lace print tee too because people noted on the reviews that the print faded horribly after one wash! Same feedback on Target Style. Others noted that the shirt shrank a lot. I have held on to the blush tee with the black tie, but I am afraid that it will shrink too. Waiting for more reviews before I decide!

Chrissykat said...

I've read so many disappointing reviews on this line in regards to the clothing. I only ever wanted the Milu scarf & tote but they didn't even come to my store & they're a fortune on e-bay. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

I didn't even bother trying any of this stuff on at my local Target. Some of it is really cute, but it seems way overpriced for the quality. I wondered how see through the tee dress would be, I think it's really cute but why even make a sheer dress? What could you possibly wear underneath it? Won't someone take practicality into consideration? :)

HoJo said...

I ended up returning most and giving one a chance. The blush blouse and cart tee never made it out of the packaging. I had both pearl necklace dresses the cream was crazy sheer so I only tried on the black which made me look like Aunt Bea from Mayberry fame. The circle dresses fit me awkwardly. Mrs. O could wear the daisys but I tried 3 sizes and each had a droopy effect. I'm only keeping the shifts although the blush/gold/black stripe is sheer I'll pair with a cotton slip for travel. I loved the details but didn't love the iffy fabric and poor fabrication. I think for me, Liberty of London or Rogan are the ones to beat.

Elizabeth said...

We finally got more stock in, but I really didn't see anything I liked. So, no big loss for me I suppose. I wonder what designer is up next???

Pamela said...

I bought both pearl necklace dresses and I actually love them! I've seen some of the other pieces in stores as returns are trickling in, and I'm happy with my two dresses and don't feel the need to try anything else. I, too, wonder what designer collab is next on the horizon.

Unknown said...

I returned everything I ordered. Too many problems to count, and quality was not there.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Just thought I'd share - went to my Target and found all the Jason Wu items in clearance! Most of them are L or XL, but I did find the teal blouse I wanted in a medium for 30% off. :)