Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Merona Spring Lookbook: coral, crops, and strange styling...


The Budget Babe has posted the Spring 2012 Merona Lookbook (from Target) and I have to agree with her: there's some strange styles shown here! Lots of coral tones and crop pants - which are regular staples for Spring - but the way they're shown just seem "off". I'm also not getting the black cardigan on black shorts ensemble, as the monotone color combo looks too dark for spring.

Earlier in the week The Budget Babe also posted Mossimo's Spring Lookbook, and while the looks are a bit better, they still seem lacking something. Is Target slipping in the fashion department?

7 comments:

dinagideon said...

I own that dress that is under the red trench (it comes in Maternity, too, online only) and it looks so different in real life.

I don't know what happened with their styling, as many of these pieces are in store right now and look so much better on the hanger (which is surprising).

Maybe they thought having the model wear a smaller size/shorter hem would make it more appealing to a younger audience?

Anyhow, just my two cents...

Shelley said...

the one in the black cardigan and shorts looks like she might start tap dancing any moment now... I think the looks are sort of matronly, so I also have no clue where they are going.

Lisa B said...

I'm confused by the coral crops with the button down blouse NAND beige wedges. Is that what fashion is for spring? Such an odd combo--although I love the coral colour.

Lisa B said...

Sorry.. *and* (not NAND)...

Judy C said...

I looked at the other spring looks. The ones on the original page are worn by a woman who looks 40 with that hair and the other page is a younger set with no offerings but skinny jeans. I find the look in that group to appeal to the 15 to 25 year old group. I suppose target just wants to appeal to small target audiences. What a shame.

sarah said...

I think the model is also stiff and awkward. That doesn't help!

hush said...

When the pants don't look good on the model, they don't look good on anyone. Hate this styling!