Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Double-Take: Xhilaration vs. Cambridge Satchel


It's time for another double-take, where we take one item from Tar-jay and match it up against a lookalike designer piece. Today it's the battle of the neon crossbody bags. One of these trendy totes is by Xhilaration, and was a top pick by celebrity stylist Brad Goresky (as noted in my blog post from a couple of weeks ago). But while the Xhiliaration one (at Target) will only cost you $24.99, the other is by Cambridge Satchel (at Bloomingdales) and will set you back a whopping $155. Which one is which? The answer appears in the comments section below.

6 comments:

Target Addict said...

The bag on the left is the spendy one from Cambridge Satchel, and the one on the right is the thrifty one from Xhilaration. Yes, the Cambridge one is made of real leather - while the Xhilaration one is "faux" - but I'd rather save the $ on a fleeting trend like neon.

In The Know said...

My guess was wrong - and I've seen the Target one in store several times! I actually like the Target version better.

Jess @ In The Know
http://intheknowstyle.blogspot.com/

hush said...

I'm at the age where I remember the neon yellow Esprit purse I carried in junior high in the late 80s that looked so much like these handbags. I sooo won't be doing this trend! ;)

I am really liking the Xhilaration scarves right now (recently picked up a cute fuchsia scarf with graphic giraffes on it), as well as the toddler boys Easter clothes (seersucker pants, gingham plaid button down shirts, hats, and ties.)

Anonymous said...

I have this bag and love it! I've carried it almost every day for a month and was pretty surprised at how well it's held up. I think if I were to buy a Cambridge Satchel, I'd get a neutral color since it is such a classic looking bag and would probably last for years. For something as trendy as neon, Target is definitely the way to go.

Chrissykat said...

Totally like the Target one better. Just goes to show ya!

Pamela said...

I bought the Target satchel because it immediately reminded me of the Cambridge Satchel. Aside from the cheap price, I like that I can take the bag outside and not worry if it gets wet by a few snowflakes or raindrops. Plus, with a trend like neon, I'm not about to spend any type of real money on it! I've received sooo many compliments with this Target bag, I can't believe it. It's a great size, too. Highly recommend!