Monday, January 2, 2012

So long, Christmas... Hello Valentine's Day


Happy New Year, readers! I wish all of you a happy, healthy, and fabulous 2012!! So as you can imagine, in the retail business, it's always about the "next big thing". And with Christmas long gone, and already into day two of the new year, Target has gone full-force into the next big holiday: Valentine's Day. A couple of you wrote me about seeing Valentine's merchandise right after Christmas, and it was also documented on Patch.com. And I witnessed it myself on the morning of NYE when I made one last Target-run for the year; I had wanted to buy a New Year's card for my hubby, but all the NY cards were already gone and replaced with Valentine's cards. I also saw several Valentine's endcaps with decorations, stationery, and the like.

Now I've written about Target's practice of "rushing the holidays" before, and I'm not a fan. How about you, dear readers? Are you reading to move on, or is it too soon for Cupid?

4 comments:

Marie said...

You know, I think I am ok with it being out, I like being prepared. I'd prefer it come out after new year's at least. But no complaints here!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Elizabeth said...

I remember just a few years back, that Target took FOEVER to put out their Valentine stuff. It kind of made me mad, since you wouldn't see anything until late, late January. Since Valentine's day is in the middle of the month, that only gave it about two weeks out on the shelf it seemed. So I really love seeing it all out, since I love the holiday.

FrmrHoopster said...

I'm ok with cupid stuff, JUST PLEASE don't let me see Christmas stuff b4 Halloween...there are TWO holidays that are being bypassed...LOVE your blog, btw! :)

abbygirl said...

Here in Austin, Tx--- no Valentine cards yet! I would love to see them soon.