Monday, January 16, 2012

Target ends GO International program


The Cut was wrong in their recent speculation that Target may partner with the likes of Yves Saint Laurent. [Yeah....as if THAT would ever happen!] However, their post was in correct on the count that Target is no longer producing its GO International program.

This is really not that surprising, seeing that last Spring the Bullseye held their GO International Designer Collective - celebrating 5 years of designer collabs by re-issuing a collection of dresses from their previous GO lines. At the time, the 5-year retrospective seemed like a fitting "farewell" for the program, which had included designers such as Thakoon, Erin Fetherston, and Tucker.

As I stated last week, Target will definitely continue their designer collaborations, but they just won't be under the GO International moniker.

5 comments:

R. said...

I am kind of sad to hear this!! I still have some pieces from the very first colab (Luella) that I love and still use! They have, in my opinion, gone downhill since the first year or two's pieces though. A bit less wearable.

Target Addict said...

Rachael, I tend to agree with you. I think the collabs have gotten less wearable (for the masses, anyhow) over time. One of my all time faves was Patrick Robinson's summer collection; remember that one?

Anonymous said...

I never really understood why they branded their collaborations under the "GO International" tag. Seems like the designer name would be enough.

There are pieces from the Patrick Robinson collection that I still regret not buying.

Amy said...

Patrick Robinson and Paul and Joe were my two favorites!

R. said...

Oh man, I missed that one entirely! :( I was in grad school when it came out... I googled some pics though, love the swimwear.