Monday, January 9, 2012

I stand corrected...

Not one to shy away from the truth, I stand corrected... or partially corrected, at least. Thanks to my fellow blogger, The Recessionista, we learned this weekend that Target is still selling leftover Missoni merchandise. My assumption - according to Target's sales policy - was that any Missoni merchandise at this point would be sent to Goodwill or the like for resale (as it is over 90 days since the line launched). I explained this practice in a recent blog post. But not so fast! As The Recessionista reports, Target.com has again restocked some Missoni merchandise for a second time (the first time was back in November). What is left online is mostly at full price, with a few notable exceptions, like this fab umbrella which I ordered yesterday on clearance for just $13.98!

I still haven't seen a slew of Missoni returns hit stores. In fact, despite my hunting, I haven't seen one piece of Missoni in any of my local stores since before Christmas. Ergo, I assumed the "90-day" rule was being enforced. But now, my guess is that there were SO many returns (most likely from eBayers who couldn't get the infated prices they wanted) that Target wants to try to sell it online vs. get rid of it at a deep discount in stores or donate it all. And perhaps the Missoni brand has some sort of agreement with the retailer that prevents Target from discounting too much of the line. Who knows? The point is that there's still some Missoni to be had on Target.com, if anyone is still interested.

8 comments:

bev said...

I was at Target on Saturday and saw a few Missoni jackets on clearance! They were online returns and I assumed that maybe there presents that had been returned. The long corduroy jackets were $35, marked down from $70.

Marie said...

I am so jealous! I would have loved to twirl that umbrella.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Peggy said...

Stuff at mine full price!!

tina said...

I just ordered the gold cardigan online at full price!!

Unknown said...

My store is accepting returns but marking them as 'salvage'' which means it goes to goodwill. Nothing goes back to the sales floor :( I know because I tried to buy a sweater that someone had just returned :)

Shopping Celle said...

I saw the glass vase yesterday at my store & it scanned full price. Needless to say I left it there!

Target Addict said...

Marie, the umbrella is on the website! You can still order it!!

L.M. said...

I saw the same coats at my store, too!