Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Best Designer Collabs for 2009


Fabsugar has posted a list of the top 5 high/low designer collaborations for 2009, and two on the list are from Target: the Erickson Beamon jewelry collection, and the Anna Sui clothing line. I can't say I agree with their picks, as I wasn't a fan of the Erickson Beamon baubles. And as far as clothing goes, I think that Thakoon had a much more wearable line (although come to think about it, his line debuted at the very end of 2008 vs. this calendar year). I did buy the Anna Sui for Target leather jacket, but that was about it. And I notice many of the Anna pieces - like this hideous dress and puffer vest combo that looks like it's straight out of 1974 - is still on the racks, lingering at 75% off.

5 comments:

Marie said...

My figure just doesn't need a puffer vest, though I do like those colors for fall. Who does need a puffer vest though really?
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Pamela said...

I would have to say Orla Kiely for Target. I think I bought 3/4 of all the pieces available! It was a sickness I tell you!!

kbfenner said...

1974 didn't look like that where I was, but then I reckon my 2009 doesn't look the same as y'all's either.

I second the Orly Kiely--I have the placemats on my table right now!

I guess Thomas O'Brien doesn't count, but I love his bedclothes.

Target Addict said...

I "third" the Orla; forgot about her!

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY Agree with you on this.
A better choice would've Anna Sheffield's jewelry.

And yes, Anna Sui is still hanging around in some of the stores.