Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pick of the Week

It's Pick of the Week time: each week I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly Ad (in the Sunday newspaper) and highlight it here on my blog. Now this week has a whole lot of Christmas stuff on sale, including some great deals on toys. But I'm honing in on the fact that all Converse One Star shoes (that means Men's, Women's, and Kid's) are on sale for 20% off. So I'll be picking up my hubby's favorite casual shoes - the Converse One Star Skate style - for just $27.99 this week.

Alas, our eldest won't wear these anymore. At 15 (going on 16) he thinks he's now "too cool" for Converse. True story: yesterday we had to take him to a special skate shop for this exclusive brand of shoes that we couldn't even find on Zappos.com. It's called The Hundreds (out of LA) and wait 'til you see how plain these shoes are! I told my husband "I don't get it....these look just like Converse, except they're all black and there's no star." He laughed and agreed. Luckily, the shoes were on sale for 40%-off, so while they weren't quite as cheap as Converse, they weren't the full $64.

1 comment:

kimmie said...

hahaha that's so funny about your son. I don't get kids these days. :) I think Converses are a lot cuter than those expensive look-alikes!