Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pick of the Week

It's Pick of the Week time: each week I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly Ad (in the Sunday newspaper) and highlight it here on my blog. This week, Target has tons of home organization products on sale, including Christmas decoration/wrapping storage containers. And I immediately honed in on this latched ornament box (shown, on sale this week for just $5) because this is something I could really use. Or put more precisely, I could probably use about 4-5 of these, because I have a pretty extensive ornament collection, built up over the past 20+ years. And right now, they're just in cardboard boxes, stored in the attic.... which is not the best protection for fragile ornaments.

Target also has other storage boxes, wrap & ribbon holders, and even a wreath box... which at first glance looked a storage device for Christmas lights (so you could wrap them in a circle, circumventing a tangled mess). So come to think of it, you could probably use it for that purpose as well.

Holiday storage boxes: on sale this week at Target for $4-6 each.
Please note that due to the seasonality of these items, they are only offered in store (not online) and there are no rainchecks.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I have one of these that I got last year, and it made taking down and putting up ornaments much easier!!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

That is a great deal! I never want to put my money into the storage (always the decor part), but what's the point of collecting ornaments if they end up shattered or lost in my garage?

Unknown said...

I just bought more bins today. I'm trying to get things out of those old boxes with duct tape holding them together ;D