Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday’s Rant: Not getting your full refund


Most Tuesdays I take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. Now last week I blogged about hassles with returning online orders to Target stores. And this week I have another returns rant – a warning – about returning multiple quantities of the same item. Please be sure to check that the Sales Associate scans EACH and every item, so that you’re getting the FULL refund. Because twice in the past two weeks, this has happened to me, and I’ve almost been shortchanged at the register.

The last time this happened, I was returning three very cute – although expensive - fabric wine gift bags. The bags were $5 each, and while they were lovely, I rationalized that I should really be buying the 99-cent paper ones instead, thereby spending under $3 vs. $15. But when I returned them, the associate only scanned two, shorting me my refund by $5. I immediately pointed this out to her, and I’m sure it was an honest mistake… although a similar situation had happened to me just the week before. So be careful, and watch each item they scan to make sure they have it right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A problem that I had twice is that I ordered something online and then I go to the store to return it and I am refunded for the cost of the item but not the tax. This happened to me last night and the associate said that there was nothing she could do. I went online and contacted them and this morning I received an email stating that I would be refunded the tax.

Target Addict said...

Wow, that tax problem is crazy! Thanks for alerting me (and other readers out there) to this. Just another detail I'm going to need to watch for when returning something to Target!