Sunday, January 4, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly


Some of you who've tried to shop the popular Thakoon line at Target stores (or on their website) have come up short since the collection debuted a week ago, as some key items are already sold out. Case in point: the widely promoted shibori shirtdress and this sundress (which I blogged about on Christmas Day) are completely SOLD OUT in all sizes. Well, the good news is that you can still find these dresses... but the bad news is that it's gonna cost you, and the ugly truth is that the way you're gonna find them is via eBay. Yep, a whole slew of Thakoon's dresses for Target have already hit the online auction site, at ridiculously inflated prices. My advice? Since these dresses can't be worn until after the Spring thaw anyhow, I'd wait and check back on eBay in a couple of months or so if you really want one of these sold-out items.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good advice on the eBay Thakoon mark-ups! I referenced your advice & your blog on my post on more Thakoon & Hayden Harnett today.
Also added you to my blog roll.

MH, The Recessionista(TM) Blog
http://therecessionista.blogspot.com

Target Addict said...

Thanks, Recessionista, for the shout out! I'd like you to know how much I enjoy your blog, and I'll be listing it soon on my revised blog roll. I removed my roll a few months ago to revise it, and this is a reminder that I need to re-post it ;-)

Unknown said...

Its all good in the Blog-o-Sphere! :)

You know, I can't believe some of the eBayers are trying to sell Thakoon Target dresses for $79.00 and up!

I'll keep checking in with you for further updates. I also enjoy your blog.

MH, The Recessionista™ Blog
http://therecessionista.blogspot.com

Target Addict said...

Yes, it makes me mad (and also a bit sad) that folks would try to profit from the Thakoon craze. To think that some folks probably INTENTIONALLY bought up all the Thakoon dresses at their local store, just to turn around and sell them on eBay. It's shameful!