Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Shops at Target debut... and is nothing like the Jason Wu frenzy

Good morning, dear readers!  Have you been to Target yet to check out their new Shops collection?  I haven't (as it's still a couple hours too early here on the West Coast) but from perusing Target.com, I can tell you that The Shops at Target isn't causing anywhere near the frenzy that Jason Wu did back in February. I would have imagined that if anything were to sell out quickly, it would be the fashion offerings from The Webster.  However, it looks like Target.com has 4 pages of merchandise from their collection (including clothing for men, women, and children, as well as women's accessories) and nothing is sold out yet.  The depth and breadth of The Webster collection reminds me a bit of the Liberty of London for Target collab, and since it is so vast, perhaps they planned for anticipated demand and will have enough for everyone (unlike Wu).

Likewise, Privet House seems to be all there - nothing sold out yet - and as I mentioned in my review last month, while the selection is nice and all, it's not that much different that anything produced by Target Home (Target's in-house brand). Plus, now that I know that the Nate Berkus for Target collection is coming this Fall, I'd rather save my $$ for that collab.

Candidly, I didn't check the web pages on The Cos Bar, Polka Dog Bakery, or The Candy Store, as I can't imagine anything there selling out quickly.  It will be really interesting to see if The Shops sell well... or whether folks will wait until it's all on clearance to snap it up.

11 comments:

Michelle | Remy and Me. said...

I might go tomorrow to check it out. I LOVED the Liberty of London collab and still have items from it hanging in my closet (and daughters'). This one seems fun but I am not rushing out this morning to check it out so I guess it's not drawn me in completely ;-) Have a great Sunday!

Tammy T said...

Went to check it out in store and have to say it's a bit disappointing. Maybe our store doesn't have a lot of it, but it's mainly end caps and a bit more for Privet House and Webster. The Coos Bar looks like something from Halloween as far as it's colors go and nothing had been shopped from it! I was really hoping to be wowed, and was underwhelmed.

tammy t

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait to check it out - I was disappointed too. I am a dog lover and was hoping there would be more in the Polka Dot Dog section. I did buy some treats from the Candy Shop but they were a little expensive.. I was sad because I had been really looking forward to it!

Shopping Celle said...

Went at noon to check it out. Didn't need makeup, no pets and Lord knows I don't need candy so I skipped those. Privet house was cute. Had planned to buy the wire birdcage but it was tiny! So not worth $25. Did buy a pair of the pewter palm tree candlesticks and the green zebra stripe tray. Webster was fun but crazy sizing. I usually wear a 4 and I got xs in tops, s in dresses and L in the bikini. I bought the pretty white strapless dress with green leaves ( my favorite of the line), the white tunic with coral embroidery, the pink tunic with flamingo print, the navy print bikini and the navy/green band tank dress to wear as a coverup. Several gals browsing and trying on but no hysteria. That's what I liked most of all:).

slidell said...

The Webster was my favorite. I really like the white dress with the green leaves, but it was way to big in the chest area. The earrings were nice in The Webster collection. Cos bar had really nice nail polish shades, but I notiiced online the polishes were $3:00 a bottle and in store $10.00 a bottle. Privet House has some really nice things also. I didn't buy anything today I will probably go again tomorrow.

Critifur said...

I really am bored with being negative about Target, but I am even more bored with The Shops. Nothing I want in makeup, the Polka dog was uninspired. I liked the dog bowls, but there was no indication what the bowls are made of, and considering they came from China, who knows what toxins could be in them, so I pass. The Webster is mostly poly for women, and the men's is all poly blends and not well fitted, so I will head to H&M for that. The Candy shop is mostly repackaged candy from Necco, and marked way up. WTH? I really miss the the effort Target made with their in-house candy brand Choxie, which used to be pretty stellar. I just don't get the point of any of it. This will all be on sale sooner than later. Blah.

marci said...

I was so excited awaiting these new "Shops" but what a let down! Bought a couple of the Webster items but the 2 dresses I was really hoping for are online only. The rest of the "Shops" were literally end caps! Big bummer after all the hype and advertising!

Target Addict said...

Thanks to everyone who weighed in! I will be posting my review later today.

And Critifur, I agree: I miss Choxie, too!!

Unknown said...

I picked up a great sweat from the webstser and doggy treats from polka dot dog. I can say that of everything I saw, the webster stuff was the best! It just wasn't "me". I have to say though that my dog LOVES her training treats!!!! she never rolls over for a treat and she did every one of her tricks to get these treats. I am going to stock up!
xoxox,
Sandee
from katespade-aholic.com

Lydia said...

I went Sunday. All the Webster clothing was out and I picked up a couple of pieces. It is a cute line and I think that tote bag with the banana leaves on it is perfect for summer. They hadn't put out the Privet House yet so I nagged them until they got it all out and I snagged the green chevron outdoor rug I had my eye on. I adore my rug. My comment on the clothing line is that is seems to be of better quality than the Jason Wu stuff was. The Jason Wu fabrics were just nasty.

NSHD said...

Well, just received all the Webster items I ordered online over the weekend and not surprisingly more than HALF will be returned to my local Target. On sizing, it is all OVER the place, some are too big, more are too small...the armholes on the stretch sateen blazer is tiny, tiny, tiny! I am keeping the faux wrap dress and paisley tunic...other than that nada!