Thursday, May 17, 2012

Target introduces "Threshold"

Despite the fact that Target already plans to add The Nate Berkus Collection this Fall, they're also launching a new home decor line called "Threshold".  This new in-house home brand will debut in September with a full rollout next spring. Inspiration for the collection is centered on the New England countryside, incorporating equestrian and heritage themes, Native American prints, menswear stripes and plaids, brass accents, different textures and hand-sketched elements. Texture  - like chunky knits - is also a big influence, and will show up on pillows, ottomans, throws and lamps.

And speaking of "influences", I can't help but notice that the Threshold knitted pouf shown lower left is almost identical to one currently being sold by CB2.

6 comments:

Target Addict said...

And thank you to reader Critifur for sending me the link to the CB2 pouf last week, which allowed me to make the connection to the Threshold at Target one :-)

Elizabeth said...

Target had been lifting ideas from Crate and Barrel as far back as I can remember. I worked for Crate and Barrel back in the early nineties, and it seemed like every weekend we had meeting on the newest thing Target copied.

I will have to see the new collection in the fall to make a good judgement, so far, I'm not sure it is quite my style.

Anonymous said...

Oo, equestrian themed stuff. I'm so happy when my normal things become stylish (I can actually wear my riding pants and boots out, and people know!)

andrea said...

I've already seen a pouf identical to that one except for color in Target. It is SUPER cute.

andrea said...

I've already seen a pouf identical to that one except for color in Target. It is SUPER cute.

Shane Hood said...

Not only does Target lift ideas from Crate and Barrel, they straight up steal designs from other designers. Their 2013 Threshold collection feature a rope basket stolen straight from my friends studio. No contact, no money, no nothing just steal the idea and call it yours.

http://shop.dougjohnston.net/