Tuesday, May 29, 2012

JCP doesn't scare Target...

A couple of weeks ago I commented that JCP continues to copy Target.  But apparantly, the Bullseye doesn't care.  Racked.com reports that JCP's sales tactics isn't scaring the competition.

John Mulligan, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Target released the following statement: "People say that J.C. Penney has stolen our mojo because their ads look like ours. I think there are a couple of commercials and circulars that look like our brand, [but] that’s not stealing our brand.…There’s the misperception that it’s getting away from us and that’s not true at all."

1 comment:

The Happy Mother said...

I went to JCPenney for the first time in years over the weekend. They may have new ads, but their merchandise was still awful (I was shopping for a pre-teen daughter). I'll take Target over JCP any day.