Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More “As Seen on TV” Products


Last week I blogged about some of the “As Seen on TV” products that are available at Target, and reader Lola commented that she’d heard good things about “Smooth Away”. That inspired me to hunt down this first-hand review of the product on Freep.com. Here are the highlights:

The pitch: A pad made of superfine crystals that safely buffs away hair and leave skin soft and smooth.
The pros: It's less expensive than waxing, it doesn't smell bad like cream depilatories, and you won't cut yourself shaving.
The cons: It can cause your skin to sting, like it’s been scratched or scraped.
The bottom line: It works BUT may also make your skin sting and turn red… ouch!

3 comments:

Lola said...

I still kind of want to try them... :o)

Lola said...

Hey, feel free to delete this comment, it doesn't really belong here but I can't find any other way to contact you on this site or your Blogger profile. Would you consider doing a post about the Target Red Card, like whether people have had problems with it, or the rewards are worth it, or whatever? I only have one credit card, but was thinking about getting a Target one, considering the amount of money I regularly spend there. Thanks :o]

Target Addict said...

Hi Lola. Sorry...I should add an "email me" link to my blog. Anyhow, thanks for the idea. I've had nothing but positive experiences from using my Target Redcard, but it'd be interesting to open it up to readers comments to see if anyone has negative reviews. I'll write about it soon!