Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


It always makes me laugh that Earth Day (today, April 22nd) falls on my dad’s birthday. He doesn’t seem that environmentally driven to me… but then again, in the 80’s he was an early proponent of “turning off the lights” when we left a room and for “water rationing” even before California's drought. So Happy Birthday Earth, and Happy Birthday Dad!

In celebration of Earth Day, Target is offering these canvas tote bags embellished with their Bullseye logo for just $4.99 each. One of these canvas totes saves approximately 100 plastic bags. I know I will be picking up a couple of them, because they seem sturdy enough to carry heavy loads of groceries. And as much as I love the “cheap” eco bags offered by Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and even Target, they just don’t hold up to the wear and tear of extended use.

No comments: