Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday's Rant: where's the John Derian?


Most Tuesdays I take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. Today's rant is over the lack of John Derian products at my local Target stores. His new line launched at least a couple of weeks ago, but I have yet to see most of the items in the store. In fact, at the 3 different Targets I've been to, I've only seen them put out the stationery products - notebooks, file folders, and such - and none of the dishes, picture frames, or wall decor. And even more frustrating, many of the items in the collection - like this lovely Water Lily tray (pictured) - are already sold out on Target.com, so I cannot even purchase it online. Grrrrr......

6 comments:

mommydearest said...

I agree. I've been to three Targets in the past two days (not for John Derian, but other things) and at each one, couldn't find the good JD stuff. Word to the wise: what they did have was scattered throughout the store: dishes with tableware, picture frames with stationary, etc.

SunnyDay said...

I feel your pain. I ordered most of what I wanted online. The tapered tray was no where to be found in the geranium or water lily print. I did a store search in my city, nothing. Then walking through a store to make a return I spotted them in an aisle in housewares! I bought both. The same store earlier told me they didn't have them, try another store, who in turn told me they weren't unpacking Derian for a few days.

Ann Marie said...

they have plenty of it here in Columbus, Ohio! No one is buying it here

Shelley said...

it is such a load of crud that target does this... they hype it up and the stores get lazy and dont put it out when the advertised date is. If they arent going to put it out until they feel like it why bother advertising specific dates? I only have the stationary at my local stores too (and I searched high and low).

Unknown said...

We have it sprinkled around my store, mostly on the endcap displays, but there is very little. More annoying is that my store appears to be phasing out the jewelry dept. and there is NO Temple St. Clair! Not one piece. Am I also the only one who finds the Tucker collection vaguely similar to Anna Sui from last fall?

Target Addict said...

Laura: interesting observation about Anna Sui. Yes, I can see the similarity between some of the flowy blouses and bright prints in Tucker and Sui.