Sunday, September 12, 2010

My review for Tucker for Target


I got to Target rather early this morning (before 9) to check out the new Tucker for Target collection, and was generally pleased by what I saw. By "pleased", I mean that for the most part, what we've seen thus far in the preview pics are an accurate representation of what the clothes look like in person. The only exception is the boucle dress (pictured) which I need to caution you does NOT include the metallic belt as shown.

Some of Tucker's prints are too loud and "floral" for my tastes. That said, I gravitated to her shirt dresses in the purple "Lawn Bird" and "Diamond" prints instead. I bought them both and will probably only keep one. I also may need to exchange it for a smaller size, as the dresses and the blouses seem to run large, whereas this cute herringbone coat I tried on in the store ran small. It also "fit weird" - not sure how to explain it - but was adorable in person, and if you can make it work for you, I think it's one of the best pieces in the line.

I liked the other coats as well, including this hooded wrap jacket (which I didn't get as it reminded me too much of one I already have by Old Navy) and this "Persian Lamb" bomber jacket (although like my fellow blogger The Recessionista, I still prefer my Behnaz Sarafpour for Target lamb jacket from 4 years ago).

For the upcoming Holidays, this gold brocade skirt could be stunning paired with a sleek black top. Note that Target's web site calls it "navy/gold", but I saw it in person and I swear it was black/gold.

A few things I didn't care for was this fleece top; I wanted to like it, but it doesn't drape well and just made me look "bulky" on top. Ditto with the boucle dress shown here; I loved it on the hanger, but once on it seemed to visibly add unwanted pounds. And this orange sweater dress made me laugh out loud; not only is the color arresting, but it's cut SO small - and in a ribbed knit, no less - that only teenagers or supermodels need try this on.

I do wish they had used silk or cotton for this line instead of polyester; on some items, the poly-look is more apparent than others. But other than that, if Tucker fits your style - meaning boho, romantic, and floral - then you'll probably like this line.

9 comments:

Oyster Girl said...

I love my Behnaz Sarafpour for Target lamb jacket - it is probably one of the best buys I have ever made from a GO designer.

Fashion Trend Guide said...

I agree about using something besides polyester, but then price points would've been higher. I was pleasantly surprised by the bomber jacket, and bought it without expecting to. I just posted my own review with fitting room photos. Here is the link: http://fashiontrendguide.blogspot.com/2010/09/tucker-for-target-fitting-room-review.html

Shelley said...

I checked it out this morning... and I have to say that I liked most of it. The polyester kills me though, and while other materials would drive up the price I have a hard time with the fact that a polyester anything costs 40$ and up. The prints were nice and I was really suprised with how the lamb jacket looked, it was quite beautiful. The Button-Front Dress in Painted-Flowers Print (much longer on me than the model) and the polka dot blouse were my favs.

Lake Nokomis said...

The bomber jacket was my only purchase. I really wanted to like the tunic tops or dresses. However, but fabric and the length of the dresses did not work for me. I am still considering the butterfly cami, but for the moment I am just having fun pulling together things to wear with the bomber jacket.

Marie said...

I do love the florals, and hope that I can find something to fit since I am pregnant and am reaching a bit to buy regular clothing sizes. I think that some of the shirt dresses would be ok- can't wait to try them on!

Amy said...

I agree with Shelley on polyester and the price points. Either I'm going to wait until they go on clearance or forget about them entirely.

Pamela said...

I am doing a review post tomorrow myself!
I was also pleasantly surprised with some of the pieces. Some pieces were too high priced for what I can find at F21 for half the cost. I did get a dress and blouse simply because they are identical to the styling of the silk versions--and those are sooooo out of my budget!!! I went to several stores and none of them had the brocade dress or the wrap jacket. I would have liked to have seen those pieces. I'm happy with what I bought and I'm pretty much done :)

andrea said...

You said you're only keeping 1 of the dresses. I suggest the "lawn bird" print. I think it's lovely.

Target Addict said...

Andrea, you're correct! I am keeping the lawn bird print dress ;-) The colors of this print suit me better than the navy one. Or to be more precise: I exchanged it today for a smaller size, as the shirtdresses DO run large.

So Lemondrop Marie: please DO give the dresses and tops a try, because they do run large.