Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sneak Peek: Temple St. Clair for Target


A couple of months ago I reported that Target would be collaborating with upscale jewelry designer Temple St. Clair for a line to debut in August. Now Lucky Magazine has posted some preview pics (shown) and I have to say that I really like what I see, especially the heart ring.

Both the ring and earrings will retail for $30, and nothing in the line is over $50... which is great, but it does beg the question of quality. As one of my readers wrote in: "To keep the price so low clearly the [Temple St. Clair] jewelry is not made of gold and gemstones. Any idea what materials are being used?" I don't have any clue as to what they're using, but hopefully it won't the kind of "metal" that rubs off or tarnishes easily. I've been disappointed in the past by Banana Republic's costume jewelry - which costs a lot more than Target's - with rings and bracelets that got discolored after only a handful of wearings.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm excited by this preview. While I know it won't be gold and real gem stones, I'm ok with it as llong as it doesn't turn color. For $30, I'm willing to give it a go! Thanks for posting these pics!

Blane said...

You used the phrase "beg the question" incorrectly.

Michelle said...

I am really looking forward to seeing the collection!!!

Amy said...

I like these but I don't want to spend $40...