Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nina Garcia named Target's Fashion Director


WWD is reporting that Nina Garcia - fashion director of Marie Claire magazine, “Project Runway” judge, and style author - has signed on to be Target’s new resident fashion expert. She’s already been appearing on Target's StyleBoutique section of their web site since October of last year. But now her role is expanding to sharing style news about Target fashion collections, including Mossimo, Merona and Xhilaration, offering “tricks of the trade” advice and styling tips to the retailer’s customers, and creating online videos (in addition to her continued work on the StyleBoutique).

2 comments:

Critifur said...

I wanted to send you this link, though I do not know your political views, it would make my Tues's Rant:

http://sfist.com/2010/07/23/targets_anti-gay_support.php

Target Addict said...

Critifur: I read the article, and while I wholeheartedly despise the views of Bradlee Dean and Tom Emmer, I think one of the commenters summed it up best by stating that “if you chase any money trail long enough, you'll hit a bigot”. It’s unfortunate that Target didn’t do more homework on Emmer before giving him $$$, but I’m sure the donation was in support of their business needs vs. his poor political views.