Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday's Rant: Target running out of school supplies...

Most Tuesdays I take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. Today’s rant is a minor one I guess, but still irritating. This past Sunday morning, I took my eldest son (a sophomore in high school) to Target with "the list" for his school supplies, and Target was out of - all things - graph paper. ???! This just baffled me. I mean I know it's Back to School time and all that, but you'd think that Target would order enough of this basic item to keep in stock. I even looked in the office supply section on the other end of the store, but they were out, too.

So then I headed over to Walgreen's, and guess what? They, too, were out! Dreading a third stop at Staples (one town over) I walked down one block to my local stationery shop, Village Stationers (which has been around, like, FOREVER) and lo and behold, success! Although they, too, were out of the looseleaf kind of graph paper, and I had to settle on the notebook kind. Is there some sort of national scarcity of graph paper? Have any of you, dear readers, had a hard time finding certain school supplies this season?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staples had NO college ruled notebooks... very irritating!

Kelly said...

Our Target has an extreme surplus this year of school supplies, although our "hard to find item" in our town was construction paper!! I noticed today that our target is already marking items 30% off....

Unknown said...

Oh we raided that 3 weeks ago. We found the best race car/sports notebooks etc. We even matched folders themes to notebook themes.

Unknown said...

Our Target ran out of the "marble" notebooks. I actually found them at a local mom and pop stationary supply-2 for a dollar. The other stores-Walgreens, CVS, etc, were selling them for almost $3 a notebook!
BTW, while on vacation, I went to a Target in rural Minnesota (I live in NYC) and it was BEAUTIFUL! Clean, fully stocked with helpful staff.
Ah the country life...

The Hesterbrarian said...

Couldn't find graph paper anywhere! Especially Target! Ended up finding a very expensive pack of it at the local grocery store. I wondered if I should have started our back to school shopping earlier, just to ensure supplies were available.

Target Addict said...

Hestermomma, you're back! Good to hear from you. You haven't blogged since April...you OK?