Saturday, August 29, 2009

Former Target employee on Project Runway


A former clothing designer for the Bullseye is getting his chance at fame and fortune on Project Runway. Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman is among the 16 contestants competing for the chance to show their designs at New York Fashion Week on the new season of the hit reality show.

Coleman lived in Minneapolis and worked for Target when the show taped in Los Angeles last year. He has since moved to Milwaukee to work as a designer for Kohl's, working on Lauren Conrad's line. A sign, perhaps, that he was at least a finalist on Project Runway? "It means there is a future for Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman in fashion," is all the confident designer - who is sworn to secrecy until the season ends - would say in this interview.

I actually blogged about Ra’mon last October, back when we all thought Season 6 of Project Runway would debut on Lifetime in January. But of course, that didn’t happen, since the latest season was delayed a whole year due to a legal battle between former network Bravo and Lifetime, where Project Runway now airs.

BTW, did y'all catch episode 2 night before last? I did... and I must say, I was NOT impressed by Ra'mon's dress! [FYI, the challenge on this week's show was to design a maternity outfit]. Ra'mon's creation was downright ugly, IMO, and obviously the judges agreed, as he ended up in the bottom 3.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree... He needs to stick with "safe" for the time being,and not go so far out on a limb. Apparently his creative instincts are not geared toward making the unusual elegant, but he works with the norm pretty well.

Target Addict said...

True, Kelly. And the "bowling ball bag" comments about his dress...didn't you laugh out loud?!

Kelly said...

Totally! I usually don't watch that show at all, but I wanted to see how far out they tried to design something!

Oh, and if no one ever tells you...thanks for the blog about Target! It's great to know I'm not the only Target-a-holic out there! (I've been to mine 4 times this week alone!! Shh...don't tell anyone!) I found your blog in June through sheer luck (did a google search for something random); I'm so glad I did!!

Target Addict said...

Thanks for reading my blog, Kelly! And don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

And BTW: I've been know to go to two different Target stores in the SAME DAY ;-)