Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Target's 2012 Earth Day Bag

As in years past, Target will be giving out reusable bags on Earth Day, April 22.  This year, they'll be giving out 1.5 million of them, and the new design is shown at left.

The stats are impressive: if you use a reusable bag just ten times, you save 25 plastic bags from going to a landfill. Over a lifetime that equates to about 22,000 plastic bags per person.  This is a small change that can make a big difference in reducing waste and saving money.

The new bag, which encourages you to “fill, refill, repeat” will make your shopping trip a little less routine and a lot more stylish and sustainable. If that wasn’t incentive enough, did you know that you also get a 5-cent discount at the checkout counter for every reusable bag you use during your Target shopping trip?  Target's had the 5-cent discount in place since late 2009 to encourage Target guests to bring in their own bags.

1 comment:

Critifur said...

I use my own bags almost everywhere, but everytime I go to Target I take my things in the large bag so I can use it as a can liner. I have to have a bag for my garbage, so it may as well come from Target. I used to use paper bags from the grocery but in my building we have to use plastic...