Friday, April 20, 2012

Double-Take: Target vs. Pottery Barn

It's time for another double-take, where we take one item from Tar-jay and pair it up with a dead-ringer designer piece.  Today we have two pretty (and functional) drink dispensers, just in time for warm-weather entertaining.  Both are fashioned to serve your chosen beverage in the top section and to display fruit on the bottom.  The only real difference is the price, because one is from Pottery Barn and will set you back $89, whereas the other is from Target and costs just under $49. 

Which one is which?  The answer appears in the comments section below.

5 comments:

Target Addict said...

I know, I know... it's pretty easy to tell from the stylized stock photos that the Target dispenser is the one on the left, and the Pottery Barn one is on the right. But for virtually the same product, is the PB one really worth $40 more?

Kitty said...

Definitely NOT! Target products are always very functional and good for the wallet.
Thank you for maintaining this awesome blog. I am a Target fan too and I check your blog everyday!

Suzy said...

I think the fact that the Target piece has a PLASTIC spigot and the Pottery Barn one is stainless steel would lead me to the PB one. Don't need more food products through chinese plastic.

Napa Casual said...

Also, if the PB is glass, it would be a more worthy purchase.

Lisa said...

I've seen nicer ones at Marshalls for $29 that were glass and didn't have that wasted space underneath...I'm not paying for citrus storage!