Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Product Review: L'oreal Evercreme

Those that know me know that I have a love/hate relationship with my hair.  I am blessed with the thick, wavy hair of my maternal grandfather, but the downside is that it can be hard to keep smooth and frizz free.  To that end, I am constantly on the prowl for the "next, best haircare product" to try.

So while at Target a few weeks ago, I found the new EverCreme line from L'oreal.  I've seen lots of ads for it (I think Eva Longoria is their spokesperson...and really, who doesn't want to have HER hair?) and it was also on sale, so I tried the following: EverCreme Nourishing Shampoo, EverCreme Intense Nourishing Conditioner, and EverCreme Leave-in Spray.  And can I just tell you that my hair hasn't been so soft and managable in years??  It seems far less dry, and is easier to blow out straight as well.  It also has a soft, pleasant lingering scent, which I can't quite seem to put my finger on, but is a cross between vanilla and almond.

Now I'm not a fan of ALL the "Ever-" products L'oreal puts out.  I tired the "EverPure Smooth" line a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all - neither what it did for my hair, nor the distinct herbal scent.  I also tried the "EverSleek" hair mask and it weighed down my hair and just made it an icky mess to work with.  In any case,  L'oreal has a number of different haircare lines, and if you can find one that works for you, then great.  If not, then find another brand, because life is too short to suffer repeated "bad hair days'.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Im addicted to the deep conditioner. I'll have to try the rest of the line!

Godiva said...

Maybe I'll try this line, I'm blessed, or rather cursed, with my maternal grandfather's wavy hair too! I just donated 8 inches of may hair, so now it's about collar bone length and time to try out something new.

Jimmie said...

It seems far less dry, and is easier to blow out straight as well. It also has a soft, pleasant lingering scent, which I can't quite seem to put my finger on, but is a cross between vanilla and almond.
Top Anti Wrinkle Cream Review