Saturday, September 17, 2011

Missoni returns are starting to trickle in...


...which allowed me to score two of these Missoni for Target etched-glass wine tumblers at the Sunnyvale Target store this morning. I also saw two of the martini glasses, which were lovely but I didn't need so I passed on them. I can always use more wine glasses; martini glasses, not so much. My husband (who was with me) joked that I should have bought them to sell on eBay, to which I shot him a dirty look. I will not join those eBay trolls!

Other than that, all I saw was a few lingerie pieces and two pairs of tights out of the package (???!) hanging where the Missoni womens' wear would normally be. A few of you have written in to say that you've seen returns start to show up at your local stores, too. I think the returns we're seeing now are due to legitimate "buyer's remorse", by people who overbought for themsleves. Give it a couple of weeks and the eBay scum who don't get the prices they'd hope from online sales will start returning their stuff as well.

9 comments:

gi-gi said...

My location had a few baby items. Sad that Target did not realize that they needed a huge inventory. Would rather do w/o than let someone make a profit.

Anonymous said...

I refuse to buy anything from an ebay troll!!!!

Unknown said...

Good for you! I look at the eBay listings, it is certainly not ALL selling. I do think much of it will be returned. The trolls will want their cash back.

ohdear said...

Actually I went to one in Upland,Ca and they said they had a massive return this morning. Scored a travel pillow & eye mask. Someone even returned the carryon luggage. Didn't really like the print & quality for $150, so I passed.

Amy said...

I snagged a black cardigan and the pumps at my store, along with a soy candle. I think they were all returns, although it looked like they put out some more candles when I was in there today. Hope more stuff comes in!

Peggy said...

This morning I saw platters, the luggage (1) and I got my colore cardigan I so longed for. They had tons of them - it was like they found a box of them in the back or something!

Michelle | Remy and Me. said...

I am returning some of my purchases this week too. I bought some milk crates and pillows that just don't work in my home like I thought they would (there's only so much chevron a girl can take ;-). I am keeping my infinity scarf and towels though! The towels are bee-u-ti-full! Glad you scored some wine tumblers ...

Target Addict said...

I saw a young mother returning over $300 worth of baby/toddler clothing the other day....amazing! Other than customer returns, the only items my Target seems to be restocking are the fabric-covered storage cartons and the makeup bags.

Flowerinmyhair said...

I have been to a few Targets in the last few days, and I have been encouraged by what I have seen...there were lots of boxes and a few bowls, pillow cases, stationary, etc in the housewares. The accessories are trickling back in-I got the headscarf with flowers (love), a few tights and socks. Today one of the Targets I stopped at was stocking up on clothes (returns?). I nabbed a blue zig zag skirt, which I loved but is too small I think. I also got the zig zag romper, which I also love but am on the fence about. But what I am most excited about are the 8.5 size black pumps with zig zag at the toe! I've been waiting for those to come in, and they finally did-so happy!
I checked out the stuff on ebay, and a lot of it isn't selling. I mean really, putting a $150 "buy it now" on the romper I bought today for $30? That's just simple greed (and stupidity!)
I would keep on checking in Targets every week. I think a lot of stuff will be coming back. I COVET the candle holders. They are glass blown, and I think they are the nicest items from the whole collection. I'm probably going to return quite a bit of what I bought...like the skirt, labtop cover, a few of the boxes (do I really need them?), and perhaps the tights-they're itchy! That's the thing about designer collections for Target...you're just not going to get the quality of an actual Missoni item...

Don't get me wrong though. I LOVE my shoes!! :)