Saturday, September 10, 2011

Missoni for Target shoes spotted at my local Target!


That's the good news. The bad news is that I wasn't that impressed.

While at Target today - and purely by accident - I found an endcap in the shoe department with the signature zig-zag Missoni boxes. This was mid-day, so there were only a few left; size 5, 6 1/2, 10 and 11 of these pumps (shown here) and one child-size pair of the ballet flats. At $22.99, I felt the flats were a better buy, even for kids' shoes...though in inspecting the quality, I could tell that these would only last a kid one season (if that). As for the pumps: perhaps I just came upon a bad batch, but each one had flaws -- poor stiching, heel scuffs, glue globs, etc. And at $39.99, I wouldn't have bought them even if they'd had my size.

If all indicators are correct, however, quality won't detract this line from selling out. Racked.com is reporting that there was a 4-hour wait to get into the Missoni for Target pop-up shop at NYC's FNO on Thursday and that it completely sold out. And a quick web search shows that some of the goods are already showing up on eBay.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I don't get how some Targets leak some of the items before the launch date. It makes it feel as if they don't have their act together. I'm still annoyed with my local Target with the John Derian line!

bev said...

Aww and I was looking forward to seeing these shoes in person! Disappointing that they aren't well made.

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the shoes! I'm hoping by the time I make it to the Target on Tuesday there will still be some fun Missoni accessories for me to buy.

By the way, do you know what happened to the Men's clothing on Target.com?

Target Addict said...

Bev: I may have just come across a bad lot. Check out the Missoni shoes for yourself (once they hit stores tomorrow) and let me know what you think.

And 3794bbf8-dd15-11e0-b90c-000f20980440: not sure what you mean about the "Men's clothing" - ? Target.com is still offering mens on their website.

bev said...

I will check and let you know! Btw, are you in the Bay Area? Only bec my Target also used to be a Gemco...and I also have quite a few Targets near me too. Curious as to which store you saw the shoes in...

Target Addict said...

Bev: yes, the nearest Target to me is the Redwood City one. Second closest (where I saw these shoes) is the Mt. View one.

Faith J. said...

Yeah, I went last night and was not impressed by the quality of the women's Missoni flats and heels. I did score a beautiful print blouse though!

Val said...

Agree 100% about the pumps, I had to pass on these. I live out in the sticks in Northern Indiana and to my advantage they didn't 'get' Missoni for Target so I got all the pieces I wanted, specially the throws