Thursday, August 23, 2012

Target merchandise now showing up at Salvation Army stores...

I've blogged in the past about Target donating unsold items to Goodwill.  But come to find out, Salvation Army stores are now buying overstocked items and returns from Target.  According to this article from the Twin Cities Star Tribune, second-hand stores are now stepping up their merchandise selection to retain the middle-class shoppers who found them during the recession. While the bulk of their business is still selling used goods, most thrift stores also are offering new wares, sometimes by forming relationships with national retail chains (like Target and Walmart).

2 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Yay this is a great news. I go to Goodwill to get some Target stuff that I missed and some home goods. I just hope that SA has the same low price as GW in their stuff. ^_^

The Frugal Stylist said...

This is good to know! A few months back, I did snag up some Simply Shabby Chic bedding at The Army. I'm going to hit them up more often for some more Target cast-offs.