Friday, August 10, 2012

Kirna Zabete for Target Lookbook

Today is August 10th; do you know what that means?  It means that less than a month from today (Sept. 9th) the next installment of The Shops at Target will debut.  So today I thought we’d take a look at the Kirna Zabete lookbook on A Bullseye View.  After viewing it,  I think that some of the looks are pretty (like this dress, shown here) while others are tacky (like the lip-motif clutch bags and jewelry).  Of course, everything in the lookbook is extremely styled.  Taken on their own, some items – especially the leather biker jacket, leopard trench, and tuxedo jacket  – are both fashionable and functional. 

What do you think, readers?  Is Kirna Zabete a line you plan to buy?

7 comments:

Suzy said...

I'm not sure. I don't think I'll be rushing to see it, but if there are items in the store, I'll def check them out. I might be a little older than the demographic these were made for, lol. Those leopard, really lip print, hats are kinda cute!

clevagirl73 said...

The styling was atrocious which distracted from the actual clothes. I'm more interested in the accessories than the clothes (and this excludes all of those lace stockings).

NSHD said...

I'm on the fence. Although I love the products they sell in the actual Soho store, I'm not convinced the ladies actually did a good job on designing their own line. The look book should be all about styling, and I hate to say it even that is atrocious. No need to rush out for this 2nd edition of "The Shops", I'll be waiting and saving my ducats for the Neiman Marcus collab!

Anonymous said...

I agree with cleavagirl73, I can't get past the styling. I think a lot of this collection, especially in more rural Targets, will be available on the clearance rack.

Latkes and Dim Sum said...

It's hideous. If I hated the professionally-styled outfits in the look book, I can't imagine how awful they'd actually look on the racks in the store. Yikes.

Bluskado said...

I want to know about the boots! Specifically the engineer/motor cycle looking boots worn with the dress that has the lips on it. Do you know if they are going to be carried by Target?

Christina said...

I dislike that virtually every piece has black in it . . . I am much more of a brown/grey person. Big disappointment!!