Thursday, August 30, 2012

Double-Take: Kate Spade vs. Merona

It's time for another double-take, where we take one item from the Bullseye and match it up against a lookalike - and much pricer - designer piece.  This time we're looking at suede wedge pumps, which looks to be a popular style for Fall.  While both of these black suede pumps may look similar, the big difference is the price.  One is the "Allie Sport" style from Kate Spade (available at Neiman Marcus) and will set you back a whopping $255.  The other is the "Melinda" style from Merona (at Target) and will only cost you $29.99.  Which one is which?  The answer appears in the comments section below.

8 comments:

Target Addict said...

The shoe on the left is from Merona, and the one on the right is from Kate Spade.

Target Addict said...

PS: the Merona style also comes in Taupe and a lovely Teal Green color :-)

Anonymous said...

I have the black and taupe...Love them...they are a nice height...I almost never wear heels and I can wear these all day.

Trisha Joy Carrillo said...

I have them in the taupe color and I LOVE them! Super comfy and versatile. I saw online they have them in an orange color, I think I'm going to get them :)

Anonymous said...

I have a very similar thrifted Calvin Klein pair and they go with just about everything (and they are comfortable, always a plus). These are a great find!

floating thru fields said...

I think the Merona actually looks better! I always love these posts

thanks for sharing

Target Addict said...

Trisha Joy, thanks for the tip; since I first posted this, Target.com now offers the "Melinda" wedge in an array of colors, including Orange (as you mentioned) and even a leopard print. I've updated the link in my post accordingly.

Unknown said...

I have these in nude. They are the best $30 I have ever spent on a shoe at Target. The wedge is so completely comfy and has a nice cushion to(which many Target shoes lack). They don't give you blisters at all. I would buy these in every color. I wish they would come out with a mustard yellow one. I saw recently they had a pretty dark teal blue blue color, perfect for fall. Here's the link to the shoe in other colors.

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-merona-melinda-wedge-assorted-colors/-/A-14129955