Thursday, June 3, 2010

Target's Ice Cream Gets Top Honors from Consumer Reports


A special thanks to my hubby who called me this morning on his way to work to alert me to this story (which he heard on the radio). Consumer Reports just ranked the best chocolate and vanilla flavored ice creams, and out of the seven brands rated “Excellent”, the first six were by Häagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry’s and the seventh was Archer Farms Belgian Chocolate (from Target).

From Consumer Reports: “All are dense and creamy, with strong, high-quality flavors. The Excellent vanillas have a big dairy and real vanilla taste. Among the Excellent chocolates, Archer Farms has an intense, complex chocolate flavor enhanced by bits of dark chocolate; both Häagen-Dazs chocolates have a big dairy flavor; and Ben & Jerry's has a strong chocolate flavor but is a touch icy.”

I haven’t priced out the Archer Farms brand ice cream, but you can bet that it’s cheaper than either Häagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry’s. I’ll definitely be putting this on my Target shopping list to taste-test myself!

6 comments:

et said...

I haven't tried their ice cream, but we have bought a number of the Target brand foods & have always been impressed with how good it is. Their salsas are great!

Critifur said...

Must have some today!

Alicia said...

It is soooo good!!!! Definitly Top 10 worthy!

tina said...

Their ice creams are yummy!!!

Critifur said...

I have been a huge fan of Häagen-Dazs forever but I am amazed to say that Archer Farms Belgian Chocolate is fantastic! I don't think I will be bothering with HD for awhile! WOW!

Target Addict said...

That's great to hear that some of you have tried Archer Farms ice cream and that it's crave-worthy! I wonder if the CR article caused a "run" on this flavor, because I've checked 3 Target stores now, but no "Belgian Chocolate" :-(