Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Product Review: Archer Farm’s Pomodoro Pasta Sauce


Back in January, I raved about Archer Farm’s Arrabbiata Sauce, as well as their Imported Italian Pasta. Well unfortunately, I recently had the exact opposite experience with another of their flavors: the Pomodoro Sauce. I was at Target last week planning to make my mama’s chicken cacciatore recipe for dinner, and thought I’d pick up a jar of the Arrabiata. Unfortunately, they was out of it… which prompted me to try the Pomodoro instead. I knew that the Pomodoro wouldn’t be nearly as flavorful and spicy as the Arrabiata, and that’s fine. But what I didn’t anticipate was how bland and flavorless the Pomodoro would be! Seriously, this is probably the worst sauce I’ve ever had! Totally tasteless, and even devoid of tomato flavor! I was able to “save” the dish with the liberal addition of spices, red pepper, and even some wine, but I will NOT be buying this sauce again.

4 comments:

Christine said...

HELP !!!!! i went to 2 targets today looking for their arrabbiata sauce and it's apparently GONE !!!! my family loves it. anything we can do about it ??!!!

Jaime Lynn said...

WOW...I LOVE the pomodoro...did not think it was bland at all! It is delicious. Are you sure you read the label correctly and it said "pomodoro"? LOL

Rachel said...

Does anyone know if target is still carrying the Archer Farm's Pomodoro pasta sauce and, if so, provide the product number? I LOVE this sauce but it is no longer carried in my area and Target corp cannot help me without the product number. TY!

Anonymous said...

listen to me. archer farm tomatoe basil sauce is great. i have all my italian friends buying it. never do u advertise it on target web page, why? chef ruth a