Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday’s Rant: Having to buy jewelry IN the jewelry department...


On Tuesdays I usually take the opportunity to rant about something I do NOT like about Target …because although I love them to death, they ain’t perfect. This is a minor rant, but it still bugs me: it used to be that if you bought something in the jewelry department at Target – specifically, something from the counter display, where they keep their “nicer stuff” – you were free to take it with you in your cart while you went upon your merry way to do the rest of your shopping in the store. Well, no more... at least not at my local Target. Now you’re forced to buy it there on the spot; no carrying it around in your cart while you mull over whether you really need another $14.99 Subversive bangle (pictured). I laughed when the salesgirl stopped me from taking the bracelet and putting it into the cart, and insisted I had to pay right then and there. I said “really??” and she said “yeah, new policy”. I laughed again when she then stupidly asked me if I wanted a BAG for it, and pointedly asked “if you don’t give me a bag, how is anyone going to know that I ALREADY PAID FOR THIS?!”. Maybe this particular Target has had problems with shoplifting, and this is an attempt at curbing it. All I know is that is that this new policy is ANNOYING, and will definitely sway me from any impulse shopping in the jewelry department!

No comments: