Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pick of the Week

It's pick of the week time: each Sunday I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly Ad and highlight it on my blog. Today's pick is something that caught my eye immediately, because although we don’t use it every day, it’s saved our household out of many a pickle over the years. It's a Shop-Vac. Now don’t laugh: although they look bulky (and they are) and clumsy to use (which they aren’t) they are invaluable at picking up messes you’d rather not use your hands for. Case in point: the bird bits and feathers that our cat Rusty left as a “present” in our living room. [Ewww!....I know, gross, sorry]. Or when the kids break a glass in the kitchen; it’s so much easier to use the Shop-Vac then to risk getting a cut picking it up piece by piece. Or just yesterday, when my hubby made a new headboard for our son’s bed, and the Shop-Vac was there to pick up all the sawdust. 9 times out of 10, a regular household vacuum can handle the situation (and someday I’ll blog about the virtues of my Dyson, which I love). But for those particularly icky jobs, it’s the Shop-Vac to the rescue. And if you have the room in the garage or basement to store one, it’s well worth the investment, believe me!

Shop-Vac: on sale this week at Target
2-gallon wet/dry for $24.99
10-gallon wet/dry for $44.99

No comments: