Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My Review of Eddie Borgo for Target...

A couple of months ago I told you about Eddie Borgo for Target - a collection of bags, charms and jewelry you can mix and match up as you wish. Well the collection has now hit Target stores - look for the special display (shown here) in the accessories department - and is also available online.

As I speculated several weeks ago, the price points for this line ($7.99 - $49.99) seemed too high, which indeed is the case upon viewing the quality of merchandise. Up close and personal, this stuff just looks cheap, especially the bags which are made of screen-printed vinyl. The jewelry and charm designs are nothing special, and I'm afraid the way Target is merchandising this collab (on a flimsy endcap) isn't going to do it any favors. This is one designer collab I'll definitely pass on.

And buyers beware: I noticed clearly printed on the endcap that this collab has the same "14-day return window" policy as the Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection.  I wonder if this is going to be the "new norm" for Target collabs moving forward - ?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I was in Target on Sunday and having forgotten the date you had mentioned for it's arrival. Hmmm. My first thought was how tacky. As I walked over to take a look, my thoughts were verified. Another woman and her teen daughter walked up and we all kind of said Hmm at the same time. I thought the way it was displayed was unique and I liked the packaging of the items more than the items themselves. The bags were awful. A couple of the longish silver charms were kind of appealing at first glance, but on closer look, they were put together crookedly and the plating was uneven. I'm baffled at the direction Target seems to be taking in their collaborations. If you haven't guessed by now, NO I won't be buying this, even when it goes on clearance.

Amy said...

I just went to Target tonight and saw it, and man it is terrible! Everything is so cheap looking!
What a disappointment!