Monday, December 21, 2015

Forget Christmas... Let's Move On to Valentine's Day

Regular readers of my blog will remember that I've complained about "holiday creep" many times in the past. And one familiar refrain is the fact that no sooner does Jan. 1 hit, but Target has already moved on to Valentine's Day. But this year, The Bullseye is breaking its own record, with Consumerist reporting that an eagle-eyed reader has already spotted Little Debbie brand Valentine treats on the shelves at her local SuperTarget store (as shown in this picture she snapped as proof).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen this at my local Target as well. Valentines themed clothing in the girls section. I also spotted a few St. Patrick's Day tshirts!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

At the One Spot...er excuse me Bullseye's Playground, I saw Valentine stuff already stocked in the area where Christmas was wiped out. I grabbed a couple of cute cards and an arrow garland.

debbies said...

It can seem strange to see these items out early, but when Christmas sells down they have to fill the shelves.

Dammsilly said...

On December 23rd the bakery at my SuperTarget had more Valentine pink cookies and cupcakes than Christmas red and green. That's just ridiculous.

Unknown said...

This isn't just an issue with Target. It's a retail issue. I work for a different retail outlet and our Valentine's merchandise arrived in our stock delivery last night and was placed on the sales floor by our early morning crew before the stores opened. Our St Patrick's Day merchandise will be arriving for weeks from now. It's just the nature of the beast.