Saturday, August 3, 2013

Wardrobe malfunction...

Tonight I saw the movie Blue Jasmine.  Let me just say it's not my favorite Woody Allen film. I did notice, however, a major wardrobe snafu: Jasmine, the lead character (played by Cate Blanchett) is supposed to be a mega-rich socialite who wears Chanel jackets, carries an Hermes bag, and uses Louis Vuitton luggage. Which made this cardigan (shown) she wears in several scenes throughout the movie stand out. Yes, it's Missoni... but it's Missoni for Target, which I recognized right away because I own the same sweater. Jasmine brings it with her when she moves from Park Avenue to her sister's house in San Francisco, but someone of Jasmine's social standing would never be caught dead shopping at Target.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I have that sweater too ( along w/90% of the collection) Interesting they would pick that sweater instead of a "real" Missoni!

Speaking of Missoni for Target---I just found the 2 of the oversized totes at Goodwill with the tags still on!! Wonder where they had been? Perhaps it isnt too late to still find the throw?

Barbara said...

Very funny that they used the Target version.

I know Target sends the leftovers after the 70% markdowns, to Goodwill, and other thrift shops. It does seem odd that it took the Missoni so long to show up. Maybe they were donated by an individual, but it seems like they would try to sell them.

I saw a Nate Berkus rug at Goodwill, that had been $20.98 at Target. Tags still on also...G.Will had it priced at $40.00.

Unknown said...

Good eye Target Addict! Also, not my fav Woody Allen film and I have that cardigan too & love it!