Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Double-Take: Cost Plus World Market vs. Threshold

It's time for another double-take, where we take one item from Target and pair it up with a similar - yet pricier - piece. Today we have two trendy mercury-glass lamps, a stylish lighting accessory currently shown at retailers like West Elm. The two shown here are more wallet-friendly than West Elm's offerings, although there's still a price delta here. One is from Cost Plus World Market and will set you back almost $50, whereas the other is from Threshold (at Target) and is only $27.99.  Which one is which? The answer appears in the comments section below.

5 comments:

Target Addict said...

The lamp on the left is from Cost Plus (at $49.99) and the one on the right is from Threshold at Target.

Barbara said...

Many times I prefer the Target one over the pricier one. In this case I do like the World Market one better. Love your Double-Take features.

Nicole B said...

I just started my new blog today and I am in love with your site! Love Target and glad to find someone who keeps up on the latest and greatest finds!

Target Addict said...

Barbara: I tend to agree. But Threshold has other mercury lamps - in other shapes and sizes - that has more of the shiny texture that the World Market does.

Elisabeth said...

I was so certain it was the one on the left! We have a Threshold lamp that is practically identical to that Cost Plus one and I love it.