Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Do you remember what happened a year ago?

Readers, do you know what tomorrow is?  Tommorow - Sept. 13th - will mark the one year anniversary of last year's "Missoni Madness".  Do you remember where you were a year ago?  Did you get caught up in the frenzy caused by the Bullseye over items from the Italian fashion house that we later discovered wasn't really even designed by them? OK, so they "oversaw design", whatever that means.  But most of the items were made in China, and I think we can all agree that all the hype, the store sellouts, and eBay inflations weren't worth it.

There are a few Missoni items that are prominently displayed in my house and that I use every day.  Like this vase (shown) and my etched wine glasses (still readily available on eBay, if anyone is interested). Out of the clothing, all I kept was a couple of the cardigans, which I have to admit I've rarely worn. In retrospect, all the fanfare seems rather silly, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought the flats and have yet to wear them for fear of ruining them (they are a sweater-ish type material). I did get a make up bag that I use all the time though.

Stormy said...

I got the office accessories and they are currently in use on my desk at work. I liked some of the clothes, but there was just something not quite 'me' about them, so I ended up with some socks.

Lydia said...

I bought the galoshes for $17 on clearance and wear them all the time when it rains.

V said...

Yes, it does! Today I thought of you when the morning news had a piece on the collaboration with Neiman Marcus; hmmm wonder what the quality will be like on these pieces????

Godiva said...

I got an outfit for my daughter that she can still fit into. I love that vase, I missed out on that one!