Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New at Target: Vintage Varsity


Target has partnered with the Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin to create unique graphics for a variety of apparel items on Target's "Vintage Varsity" collection for Fall 2011.

Target's designers worked side by side with the museum's staff to create more than 100 different hand-pressed prints. The designers then toyed with color and scale to translate the vintage wood type images into a retro-inspired collection of t-shirts, hoodies, leggings, and sweatpants and sweatshirts, for men, women and children.

For more information, check out the Vintage Varsity section on the Target Style Facebook page. While there, you can watch videos inspired by the collection, and enter to win a a one-of-a-kind Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum collection tee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this collection to come out for a while. I'm not really sure how I'd incorporate most of the pieces into my wardrobe, but I really like the process behind the creation of the line.

Totally off topic, but my local Target has some of the Dolce Vita sandals marked down to $6.24. Had to get a pair :)

Target Addict said...

Great score on the DV sandals! I'll have to see if I can find any at my local Target.

Tammy T said...

Love the line...also in love with the wedge booties in the commercial with the old men. Do you know if we will eventually be able to find these at Target? My teenager and me are both wanting them!

tammy t

Target Addict said...

Tammy: I haven't noticed the wedge boots in the latest TV ad. You could try going to Target.com, searching for "wedge boots", and then sorting by "new arrivals".

The Budget Babe said...

I've been getting questions about those wedge boots, too! Must track them down...