Monday, April 18, 2011
The Men's Medicine Cabinet...
I found this article on Esquire.com and just had to share. In their recent Style Blog column, they went on a shopping trip to update the manly medicine cabinet... and found that they could either buy a couple of products for $60 at Sephora, or buy a fully-stocked cabinet for just over $40 at Target (enough to last through Labor Day). Here's everything you need without breaking the bank:
• Styling pomade ($2.69) by Suave. A versatile, everyday styling product.
• Anti-Dandruff Clear Control Shampoo ($4.79) by Garnier. Keeps you flake-free and controls your itchy scalp, yet it's mild enough to use daily. Plus: the herbal, fresh scent is a merciful improvement over the medical-smelling alternatives.
• Fusion ProGlide manual razor ($9.99) by Gillette. The Fusion upgrade is redesigned with a bigger, better-controlled grip and helps keep your skin comfortable with thinner, finer blades.
• Active Protect Face Lotion with SPF 50+ ($8.99) by Neutrogena Men. The do-it-all moisturizer. It nourishes, it protects, and it's ultra sweatproof.
• Body & Face Lotion ($5.79) by Vaseline Men. Great for chronically dry areas like the elbows and knees. Or for treating sunburnt skin. And it dries in 15 seconds, so it doesn't slow down the morning routine.
• Excite shower gel ($3.99) by Axe. Just like the commercials say: She wants you to smell like this.
• Clean Comfort antiperspirant ($3.99) by Dove Men+Care. A subtle, fresh scent suitable for any occasion that promises 48 hours of odor and wetness protection (although you should still apply daily). Plus: It also contains Dove's outstanding skincare benefits like irritation prevention.