Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Calypso St. Barth for Target Lookbook


Target must have read my post from the other day, because they finally released their lookbook for the upcoming Calypso St. Barth for Target collection. From the looks of it, Calypso's offerings seem to live up to it’s beachy, bohemian style. What does seem to be missing, however, is Calypso’s trademark beading, embroidery and detail - which makes sense given the prices at Target.

I've posted a few pictures here, but you can check out the entire lookbook here on Target's web site. Or - for an even better view - check out this slideshow on examiner.com.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I am a bit bummed after looking at the photos. I was expecting more tunics and exotic details, but I believe you are right about those details lacking given the price point. Maybe it will look better in person, but given Target's history, I am not holding my breath.

Target Addict said...

Ironically, my favorite pieces are the least-beachy ones ;-)
I'll be lining up to buy all the ladylike dresses: the white linen wrap dress, the khaki-beaded one, the pink sleeveless one, and the navy embroidery-trim ruffled one.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the update, I enjoyed perusing the lookbook. The timing for this collection is good; people are ready for beach weather. And it will surely introduce Calypso to a much wider market.

Among other things, I'm eyeing the caftan because it's probably not something I'd ordinarily go for, but might be kinda interesting to try on (although it could easily evoke Mrs. Roper). :)