Saturday, August 5, 2017

Target's new brand is just like it's old brand...

This morning I had to make a VERY short Target run to buy some household essentials, and as I was walking past the Women's Department, guess what I saw? A whole rack of Target's new brand A New Day, which wasn't supposed to hit stores until later this month. And guess what? It looks JUST like Merona. I know it's hard to tell from this crappy pic I snapped, but literally, it's as if Merona simply got a facelift (and a new garment tag). Slim chino pants? Check. Tunic-length button-down shirts in plaids and clip dot patterns? Check. Boxy cuffed-sleeve tees? Check. It's all there, and the price points seem the same as Merona as well.

So color me confused, readers. I thought the point of cancelling Merona and replacing it with A New Day was to offer customers something new and different, but none of what I saw today demonstrated that.

4 comments:

Annonymous said...

I agree ... saw a few things in my local Target and nothing looked new or diff. from the new line. Did they really think we wouldn't notice its the same? Not that I don't like Merona but why the big hype?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the scoop, haven't seen anything here on the east coast yet!

JCH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Target Addict said...

I take back what I said... while some of A New Day styles are just like Merona, the fabrications, quality and sizing is lacking. Plan to size up in A New Day in most styles, as it runs smaller than Merona. And the fabrics feature fewer natural fibers and seem thinner than similar offerings by Merona. Such a shame... Target claims that the quality would actually go UP (with price points staying the same) but that's sadly not the case.