Thursday, November 3, 2011

Product Review: Dana Kellin for Target


I finally made it to Target (for the first time in almost a week) and was able to view the three new designer capsule collections. First up is Dana Kellin for Target, and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. While the items looked pretty enough in the case, there were a couple of pieces out on the counter that I could hold and touch, and I felt the quality didn't justify the price.

Case in point: the necklace at far left is one I that own from the Dean Harris for Target collection from 2008. I think I paid about $45.99 for it, and it was worth every penny: the stones (and chain) feel substantial, and the gems seem real (meaning, semi-precious). The necklace to the right is from Dana Kellin for Target, retails for $49.99, and felt like lightweight plastic in my hand. It neither look - nor felt - anywhere near real. To note: the Kellin necklace has many more gems on it, but this is the only picture I could find on Target's crappy web site.

Bottom line: this collection gets a thumbs down from me. The only thing I might buy - once it goes on clearance, that is - are the earrings, since that's one piece of jewery I favor when it's featherweight.