Friday, November 4, 2011

Product Review: Albertus Swanepoel for Target


On Monday, I told you that the Albertus Swanepoel for Target hat collection had hit stores, but that I hadn't yet had the chance to see them up close and in person. Yesterday, I had that opportunity, and I really liked what I saw. The Target store I went to had a small endcap with Albertus Swanepoel signage clearly marking the display, and there were 4-5 styles stocked about 3 deep each.

For the price (just $19.99 each) I think the quality is definitely there. Of course, you have to like "classic" hat shapes like the fedora and cloche. I fell in love with the funky leopard print hat (shown here) and was just about to buy it...until "sniff, sniff...wait, why am I sneezing?". Then I realized that this particular hat is made of approx. 40% rabbit hair, which I'm allergic to. So sadly, I had to pass on it.

Bottom line: I give the Albertus Swanepoel collection a big thumbs up, if hats are your sort of thing.

1 comment:

Kate Z said...

I just bought this hat today. I LOVE it. Love the softness of it.