Sunday, January 30, 2011

Product Review: NP Set Lip Gloss Compact


I can tend to be a bit of a makeup junkie, although in the past few years I've scaled back the number of products I use. One product I cannot live without, however, is a good lip gloss. And for me, a great gloss needs to go on smooth (not sticky) and have enough pigment to last a few hours (vs. fading away within minutes). It also helps if it doesn't cost an arm & a leg (hello, Chanel and Nars!).

The Lip Gloss Compact from NP Set (at Target) fulfills all my requirements. It goes on smoothly without being sticky, and the colors are absolutely amazing. Napoleon Perdis (the founder of NP Set) has named his glosses after exotic locales like Cuba, the Bahamas, and Vanuatu (an island in the South Pacific). I have the latter two colors; Bahamas is a rich-rosey color, and Vanuatu is a nude, shimmery hue. Both leave my lips soft and moisturized. And I find the mirrored compact both cute and convenient; all you need is a lip brush and application is a breeze.

No comments: